Pages

Sunday 24 January 2021

My Advent Jumper is Finished

 Last year I treated myself to a wonderful Yarn Advent Calender from the amazing Mia of Brambles and Me fame, she naturally dyes all her yarns and they are marvellous.

The 24 little packages duly arrived, wrapped up in little bags, each with a number on the outside. I had been pondering what to do with them this year, I have enough hats, scarves, shawls to see me through the coldest of winters, so I thought I would knit a jumper.

I chose the Flax Light which is a free pattern from the lovely ladies at Tin Can Knits, all I changed was I the garter stitch bands on the sleeves and I worked a 2x2 colour work design on it.

I used each of the colours in the order they came out and knitted each day as I went along. By the time it got to the 25th I mostly had a jumper, just the sleeves and body to finish, it was all done by the middle of January.

The only yarn I added to the advent was some light grey 4ply yarn from Lammermuir that I had purchased at the Perth Festival of yarn in 2018.

I am so happy with my jumper its big (I knitted the largest size) and snuggly and soo warm.

I hope you are all safe, and well, during these strange times. I'll be back soon with more news from the studio, i'm working on some new things and finishing off things that have already been started,

Stay safe, keep crafting, talk to you soon.

Hugs

Tracy x



No comments:

Post a Comment